Colored contact lenses are specially designed lenses that allow the wearers to change their eye color and create a different look that’s subtle, bold, and incredible. If you want to enhance your daily look or rock a fantastic design for Halloween and other memorable occasions then colored contact lenses add an appealing and dramatic touch to your overall appearance. These lenses can be used to resolve all kinds of eye defects such as Myopia, Hyperopia, and Astigmatism. Many people enjoy using colored contacts to match their most creative attire or even just for splendor purposes. However, contacts worn for cosmetic purposes pose a threat to your eye health and vision if they are not fitted properly. Nowadays, it is possible to choose from an enormous collection of high-quality colored contact lenses online and add up a daring touch to their style and fashion. This article helps you know the different types of colored contact lenses and their safety tips.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF COLORED CONTACT LENSES
Most of the colored contact lenses are created to enhance the natural look of the colored part of the eye – the iris. As this region is made up of delicate colorful shapes and lines, this lens abruptly looks more natural in the eye. Colored contact lenses can be categorized into three categories based on their forms, tints, and eye color.
1. Colored Contacts Based on Forms
- Prescription Color Contacts – Correct your eye disorders as well as completely enhances your eye color.
- Plano Color Contacts – Worn entirely for cosmetic purposes to change your eye color instantly and doesn’t have lens power for vision correction.
2. Colored Contacts Based on Tints
- Custom tinted contact lenses – Custom-made tints are designed from a broad range of colors in varying densities. Typically customized color lenses are semi-translucent, enhancing a natural-looking appearance. These hues are popular among professional sportspersons to improve their visual performance.
- Visibility tint contact lenses– Usually, a light blue or green tint is added to a lens to see better during its insertion and removal. These are relatively faint and will not affect your original eye color.
- Enhancement tint contacts – Enhances the natural color of your eyes. This type of tint contacts is suitable for people who have light-colored eyes and wants to make their eyes more attr
- Opaque Tint Contact lenses –It is a non-transparent tint that can change your eye color totally. If you’re a person with dark eyes, this type of tint contact can change your eye color. These opaque tints come in various colors including green, hazel, violet, blue, brown, and gray Usually, costume or theatrical contact lenses also fall into this category.
3. Colored Contact Lenses Based on Right Eye Color
- Colored contact lenses for dark eyes– Light honey brown or hazel colored lens are the best choice for dark eyes because they give you a natural-looking change. People with dark eyes can also prefer contacts in vivid colors like green, blue, or violet.
- Colored contacts for light eyes– if you want to change your style and appearance in a more subtle way, you can prefer an enhancement tint that defines the iris edges and deepens your cool natural look. Light brown-colored contacts are well suitable for light-colored eyes.
General Safety Tips When Wearing Colored Contact Lenses
Colored contact lenses are safe as long as they are fitted properly and taken utmost care during insertion and removal. Make sure to take proper care of your lenses and eyes by following certain safety tips that help you to feel comfortable and look better.
Prescription for Coloured Lenses
If you have a strong passion to wear colored contact lenses on various occasions, first you need to get a valid prescription from your eye physician. Even though you’re not wearing contacts for any visual corrections, and only for cosmetic purposes, you still need to obtain a prescription from an authorized specialist. Due to eye health and safety reason, these are not sold in the market without a proper prescription. Always prefer legitimate and reputable online stores to purchase colored contact. Otherwise, there will be significant damage to your eyes and vision too.
Remember your Health and Safety during the Halloween Month
Even though Halloween is one of the ideal occasions to wear cosmetic lenses, people still prefer coloured contact lenses to improve their appearance and style. During Halloween, it is easy to get rake up in the holiday and forget to deal with the long-term effects. When you plan for your costume, just consider the contact lenses that change your eye color. Always try to remember the safety and health tips in mind and follow them appropriately.
Understand your Risk Factors
Wearing non-prescribed colored contacts can cause immediate scratches to the cornea leading to corneal infection, pink eye, reduced vision, or even blindness to some extent.
Visit your Eye Care Professional
It is always advisable to visit your eye care professional for a colored contact lens prescription. Eyes vary from person to person in terms of shape, size, and fit, and wearing an ill-fitting contact lens can cause damage to your eyes.
Most probably the cost of prescription colored contacts can be significantly more than regular ones. But for many wearers, the ability to change their eye color is well worth investing in colored contact lenses. With the increasing popularity and ever-extending variety of colors and effects, colored contact lenses let one choose their favorite ones to complement their style. Now you can buy your colored contact lenses online and make your wear comfortable and suitable to your personality!